Seen Around Baristaville

BY  |  Monday, May 30, 2011 10:00am  |  COMMENTS (7)

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someone

The Gilmore Girls went to a fun outdoor BBQ birthday party yesterday and were served these adorable “Corn on the Cob” cupcakes. They looked so authentic and are the perfect dessert to bring to a BBQ this summer.

Chanda Hall, a Barista Kids photographer, was the baker and mom of the birthday girl. She got the idea from Hello, Cupcake!, which she checked out of the Montclair Public Library.

See any interesting and/or fun things around Baristaville relating to kids and their parents? Send the pictures here.

1. POSTED BY Kristin  |  May 30, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

Are those jellybeans? That is such a cute idea.

2. POSTED BY Georgette Gilmore  |  May 31, 2011 @ 6:29 am

Yep! She used jellybeans for the kernals, a Starburst for the pat of butter, and white and black decorating sugar for the salt and pepper.

3. POSTED BY Kristen Kemp  |  May 31, 2011 @ 1:30 pm

Those are so awesome. So creative.

4. POSTED BY Jenn  |  May 31, 2011 @ 3:47 pm

I love that cookbook – some of the best cupcakes I’ve seen. You should make some for me, Georgette. You know, because you love me.

5. POSTED BY Georgette Gilmore  |  May 31, 2011 @ 4:06 pm

I do love you Jenn. Maybe when you move into my attic I’ll bake you some.

6. POSTED BY bebopgun  |  May 31, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

Looks gross. Sugar on top of sugar. Great one for kids.

7. POSTED BY hollykorus  |  May 31, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

I just pulled that book off the shelf and I must say Chanda’s photo looks better than the one in the book. Nice job! Thankfully she did not make the TV Dinner cupcakes….those looked gross.

Wow. I could relate to and empathize with much of the perspective shared here. It's an inspirational story and exemplary contribution to both local and national history. Thank you for sharing. Best of luck to Sara and the MHS Girls Softball Team! Go Blue!