Nauna’s Grand Prize Still Waiting for 1,000th Customer

BY  |  Tuesday, Aug 09, 2011 3:00pm  |  COMMENTS (6)

Ron Travisano, who had the honor of getting the first slice at Montclair’s Nauna’s grand re-opening celebration, stopped in again today, and still isn’t the 1,000th customer. That lucky person will win a flat screen TV, which sits in the restaurant waiting for its new owner.

But really, this week, everyone is a winner, with slices going for $.50 and other specials. Will you end up taking the TV home?

1. POSTED BY Mrs Martta  |  August 09, 2011 @ 4:17 pm

Pssst…call me when you’re up to the 999th and then lock the door.

2. POSTED BY Right of Center  |  August 09, 2011 @ 4:29 pm

OT: does anyone really believe the montclair Y has 50 towels stolen each and every single day?

3. POSTED BY croiagusanam  |  August 09, 2011 @ 4:37 pm

I take 2 a day myself.

4. POSTED BY croiagusanam  |  August 09, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

After all, I figure that the Y, as a tax-exempt organization, will recoup the money from taxes paid by saps like you.

5. POSTED BY Kristin  |  August 09, 2011 @ 5:03 pm

I’ve taken one home by accident a few times, but I return it washed and use it again. I do believe they have a lot stolen or misplaced. Some probably end up in the trash cans when post-work-out folks get confused.

Either way, I joined not realizing they provide towels, and I’m fine with the service ending. But then I don’t shower there, and I could imagine it is a huge convenience to those who do.

6. POSTED BY tommoloughney  |  August 10, 2011 @ 10:51 am

I’m pleased to announce that Montclair resident John Sweeney Jr was the 1,000the customer and won the TV last night around 9:00pm. As you can expect, John was pretty psyched when we told him and he couldn’t wait to get home and show his family the new addition to the living room!

Also, I just wanted to let the Baristanet readers know that the grand re-opening specials have been such a hit we have been experiencing very long lines out the door and into the parking lot from about 5:30pm to 8:30pm. If it is at all possible try to come a bit earlier or later to avoid waiting. We’ve sold well over a thousand pizzas, six hundred chicken parm dinners and five hundred penne vodka dinners in the first two days and will probably sell even more today and tomorrow. Please be patient if we are taking longer than you would expect as we are cooking everything fresh to order and our entire staff is really working extraordinary hard to get the food cooked and packaged as quickly as possible. Thank you all for the support while we rebuilt and now that we have reopened, we really missed serving you!

Tom Moloughney