Introducing Mr. Jingle

BY  |  Wednesday, Nov 30, 2011 2:30pm  |  COMMENTS (12)

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someone

You better watch out, you better not cry, because Mr. Jingle, man-about-Baristaville, will be keeping an eye on boys and girls big and small this December.

Mr. Jingle loves hot cocoa, coffee, cake, Beef Bourguignon, Bobby Darin and Frank Sinatra. But most of all, he loves boys and girls who appreciate everything they have big and small. He’s very good friends with Holly, you could say they have a special connection, and can be found at her home enjoying cocktails on cold nights.

Look for Mr. Jingle daily on Barista Kids from December 1 -24. He’ll be traveling all throughout Baristaville. Stay tuned!

1. POSTED BY Liz George  |  November 30, 2011 @ 3:22 pm

He looks a little like Christmas Gumby!

2. POSTED BY Martta Rose  |  November 30, 2011 @ 3:23 pm

Mr. Hanky?

3. POSTED BY hollykorus  |  November 30, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

Gross no. He is crossing both off of his list. Too bad he has fabulous taste.

4. POSTED BY Sandy  |  November 30, 2011 @ 4:43 pm

He (?) is scary

5. POSTED BY Liz George  |  November 30, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

I thought it was a compliment — Gumby is iconic!

6. POSTED BY Georgette Gilmore  |  November 30, 2011 @ 5:23 pm

He’s Mr. Jingle Dammit!

7. POSTED BY Nellie  |  November 30, 2011 @ 7:35 pm

Mr. Jingle all the way.

8. POSTED BY Tudlow  |  November 30, 2011 @ 9:19 pm

He’s cute. In a homely kind way. I likey.

9. POSTED BY fran liscio  |  November 30, 2011 @ 11:23 pm

I like Mr. Jingle too! He’s nice :-)
    His hat, by the way, is awesome.
    i should point out thought, i also like gumby and mr. hanky. I even like gumby’s horse.

10. POSTED BY walleroo  |  December 01, 2011 @ 12:34 am

Very nice, Hols, but why is Mr. Jingle standing in front of an “E”? Is he going to be standing in front of a different letter every day? Is this going to be an anagram?

11. POSTED BY Kristin  |  December 01, 2011 @ 8:12 am

I think he should get together with his cousins, Mr. Tingle and Mr. Dingle, for a sing-a-long. They could do a little tap dancing and cane swinging.

Holly – what is his mouth made of? Is it yarn or marker or licorice?

12. POSTED BY hollykorus  |  December 01, 2011 @ 9:25 am

Mr. Jingle is a story book character I have been working on for a awhile. My first true love is illustration. Mr. J was inspired from post cards from about 1910. He is a classy guy with a big heart, impeccable manners, always diplomatic and children seem to be facinated by him.

His 3-d self is a bit more kitschy and takes me bake to the day when my granmother would make little creatures from pipe cleaners and wooden beads.

His head is a Jingle bell with a felt hat, he has googly eyes and his mouth is drawn on. He has shoes, ice skates. mittens and snow shoes and everything one might need to have fun and keep warm in winter.

Roo the other letters are “O-L-N” but I won’t spoil the fun and tell you the word.

Character development is an emotional process. I thank you all for liking him and hope you grow to love him as my children and I do :)

How many years have I heard these tales of downplaying the re-appraisal game? Most homeowners will see a bump in their property taxes. Start budgeting now. "Winter is coming."