Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

BY  |  Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 8:51am  |  COMMENTS (6)

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someone

Are we drinking yet? Tell us what pubs you’ll be crawling to today (here’s what’s on tap at all your favorite Irish watering holes and what music you hope to hear on our poll. You can always whip up a batch of Holly’s Irish cocktail. Some music to put you in the mood (photo is from the always festive front yard of Dr. Gangi in Clifton).

1. POSTED BY Georgette Gilmore  |  March 17, 2012 @ 8:58 am

I love St. Patrick’s Day! It’s also my mom’s birthday and every year on her birthday she would make Corned beef and cabbage to celebrate.

My favorite Irish Bands are Flogging Molly and The Pogues.

My favorite song is Flogging Molly’s If I Ever Leave This World Alive:

And my favorite drink is a pint of Guinness.

2. POSTED BY Conan  |  March 17, 2012 @ 9:13 am

“The Commitments” is an excellent movie, and that kid could sing. Wonder whatever happened to him…

3. POSTED BY Conan  |  March 17, 2012 @ 9:34 am

Back in my Boston days I had the privilege to know one of the best of the Irish performers there, Seamus Kennedy. For one, he is really Irish, and two, he is a hell of a performer. Haven’t seen or talked to him in years, but he has since emigrated to Washington, DC, where he invented the Internet. Go to http://www.seamuskennedy.com/ and click on “Emigrant Eyes” to watch a video. Slainte!

4. POSTED BY the Duke of Prunes  |  March 17, 2012 @ 9:59 am

I’ll be listening to Irish music on WFUV.

Why isn’t Rory Gallagher on your poll?

Come to think of it, why do you never hear Rory Gallagher on WFUV? :-O

5. POSTED BY jerseygurl  |  March 18, 2012 @ 7:47 am

We had carne asada, but we did watch a couple episodes of “Shameless”. Bill Macy is great. For those of you who haven’t discovered it yet, it’s about a large dysfunctional Irish family in Chicago whose patriarch is a shameless drunk.

6. POSTED BY State Street Pete  |  March 19, 2012 @ 10:51 am

We hit Tierney’s just after noon for a couple. The bagpipes arrived not long after and of course we saw old friends, and parents of friends.

Our favorite local “Irish” band is Black 47 (I use the quotes because the two guys I know from the band aren’t Irish). Love Mumford & Sons, but the Pogues will always hold that top spot on the “Sunny Side of the Street”.

Condolences. So tragic. May she RIP. Very sorry for her family.