Jenn Schiffer: Blogging Is Hard, Brah.

BY  |  Sunday, Apr 01, 2012 6:14pm  |  COMMENTS (5)

When I took over Baristanet, I was just their lowly web developer, paid by the Baristas to do something I truly love: write code and have the power to delete the site’s current existence with a couple of clicks.

BaristaJenn was a serious experiment in a single-person-run hyperlocal site, and it’s time for me to pass this experiment back onto the Baristas. I’ve nearly run out of great cat photographs, Walleroo is passed out in some school lawn somewhere, and Holly is outside my window ranting about the perils of drinking juice.

It was a fun day, my friends, but it doesn’t mean you will not see me in the future. Tomorrow is the Baristanet Live Chat with the mayoral candidates, and someone’s got to make sure no one screws it up.

Auf Wiedersehen, meine Freunde.

j

Jenn Schiffer, founder of the site formerly known as BaristaJenn, is Baristanet’s web developer and queen of the Internet. You can follow her on Twitter (@jennschiffer), or email her if something here is broken (or you just want to say “Guten Tag!”) at jenn@baristanet.com.

1. POSTED BY walleroo  |  April 01, 2012 @ 6:28 pm

Oh, no! You mean it’s over already?

2. POSTED BY Jenn  |  April 01, 2012 @ 6:38 pm

Keep browsing the Information Superhighway with one eye open – I’m always around.

3. POSTED BY anne prince  |  April 01, 2012 @ 6:42 pm

Well played Jenn, well played.

4. POSTED BY bebopgun  |  April 01, 2012 @ 7:05 pm

when will hrobrah make a comeback?

5. POSTED BY walleroo  |  April 01, 2012 @ 7:53 pm

Yeah, Jenn, when will hrobrah make a comeback? (nudge nudge wink wink say no more… )