This morning, I spent a sunny morning sitting on a bench and watching the world – or at least the people in Montclair – go by. I couldn’t believe the random assortment of chatter, so I am sharing a few of the best conversations I overheard from our Baristaville neighbors:
- “I’m torn. I love my new ipad, but I also really miss the Van de Graaf canon.”
- “I love your latest quilt. You really made the right call going with the free motion swirls.”
- “I don’t think Random.org is very fair either.”
- “If Johnny doesn’t want to wear clothes because the tags affect his sensory issues it’s all good. In fact, I think clothes are totally overrated.”
- “I’m sorry only 2 kids signed up for your co-op class. I think the History of Paper is an awesome idea.”
- “It makes me sad to see that you cut your finger on a staple while opening that package. I wish other libraries would follow inter-library loan guidelines too.”
- “I now know that there’s no such thing as humane slaughter. Let’s go vegan.”
All of these “overheard” quotes are actually from the Ryan Gosling “Hey Girl” meme, and were found online*.
We’re Ryan Gosling fans, what woman isn’t?, so we made up our own “Hey Girl” quotes that we wish Ryan would say to the women of Baristaville:
A girl can dream, right?
What do you wish Ryan Gosling would say to you?