MFF Day Four: It’s All Happening on Church Street

BY  |  Friday, May 04, 2012 6:30pm  |  COMMENTS (9)

It was all happening on Church Street this afternoon, where I caught up with Bob Feinberg, founder and chairman of the Montclair Film Festival, Beth Toni Kruvant, director of David Bromberg Unsung Treasure, and Terence Nance, director of Oversimplification of Her Beauty. Here’s how it felt to be sitting outside Raymond’s on a beautiful Friday in early May, on the fourth day of the first annual Montclair Film Festival.

1. POSTED BY dane  |  May 04, 2012 @ 7:07 pm

Oh man. I’m a HUGE Bromberg fan. Have been since I heard him at Montclair State in the early Seventies. I had no idea Beth made this film or that it was showing. And it’s sold out. I hope I can see it somewhere else, sometime.

2. POSTED BY profwilliams  |  May 04, 2012 @ 8:01 pm

As I waited to for a friend to text me back about going, tix to “Oversimplification of Her Beauty” sold out!! Damn. I really wanted to see it (and Sunday is too late for me).

But I will check out Betsy Nagler’s “Flat Daddy” tomorrow morning. I went to school with her and cannot wait to see the film and congratulate her.

I’ve also encouraged my students to go to the Free Panels on Sunday.

Great Job Everyone!!!

3. POSTED BY Kristin  |  May 04, 2012 @ 9:39 pm

Prof, I hate to tell you – Oversimplification was fantastic. And Terence Nance gave a great Q&A afterwards.

4. POSTED BY the Duke of Prunes  |  May 04, 2012 @ 11:24 pm

New Rule (apologies to Bill Maher): If your mass transit vehicle has rubber tires and a gasoline or diesel motor and doesn’t run on steel rails in the street, it’s not a trolley! Montclair HAD trolleys, Public Service ran them, one ran from Newark all the way to Caldwell, then a consortium of automotive and oil interests bought the tracks and tore them up. I saw a documentary on it once. It would be a perfect documentary to show at . . . a film festival! :-D

5. POSTED BY the Duke of Prunes  |  May 04, 2012 @ 11:26 pm

P.S. The documentary was about trolley lines in every part of America, not just New Jersey.

6. POSTED BY profwilliams  |  May 05, 2012 @ 6:48 am

Thanks for rubbin’ it in, kristin!! ;0)

(Oh, and as I’m about to get a Mini Countryman, that “eye” lash looks cute.)

7. POSTED BY Georgette Gilmore  |  May 05, 2012 @ 7:36 am

Congratulations to Bob! You can see how proud and happy he is in the video and he should be.

8. POSTED BY walleroo  |  May 05, 2012 @ 7:45 am

I second ‘gette’s point. What a success, and great thing to have in town. Kudos.

9. POSTED BY jerseygurl  |  May 05, 2012 @ 7:53 am

I third the point! I’m looking forward to the party tonight.