Election 2013 Starts: Mark Alexander Asks 34th for $34

BY  |  Monday, Sep 24, 2012 9:35am  |  COMMENTS (5)

Sure, we’re all focused on 2012 elections (this weekend, we saw lots of political lawn signs), but others are looking ahead to 2013. In our inbox, an email from State Senate hopeful Mark Alexander, with text below and this photo:

As many of you know, I launched my candidacy for the New Jersey State Senate in the 34th Legislative District. As a former Senior Advisor and New Jersey State Director to President Obama, I know what it takes to build a grassroots campaign. It’s dedicated volunteers and small dollar donors like you that fueled us in 2008. I know in 2013 you can help fuel my run to the State Senate.

This first filing deadline at the end of the month is crucial. It sends a message that our campaign is strong. It tells Trenton that change is coming.

Your support of $34 today can help send that message to Trenton.

Who are you supporting — let us know in comments if you’ve made political donations, or are motivated to do so now that we are closing in on Election 2012. Are you thinking ahead to 2013 and what sign will show up on your lawn?

1. POSTED BY profwilliams  |  September 24, 2012 @ 9:43 am

I wish him well. (But how is “Trenton” going to get my message by sending him $34? How will “trenton” know?)

I do like the $34 bit- very clever. (But Me Thinks, like most, he’s gonna need some folks to give him a little more than $34.)

2. POSTED BY bebopgun  |  September 24, 2012 @ 9:45 am

Should we send him $34 because he’s got a good tan? Not a great first impression.

3. POSTED BY oliver  |  September 24, 2012 @ 11:32 am

Well, it isn’t a tan–he’s African-American.

4. POSTED BY johnqp  |  September 24, 2012 @ 12:21 pm

Platform specifics, please.

5. POSTED BY bebopgun  |  September 24, 2012 @ 12:51 pm

Ah, my bad on the tan. Didn’t know & couldn’t tell.

Yes, JpQ–specifics would be a good start before asking for cash.