I’ll give you some topics:
- Steve Ballmer, the former CEO of Microsoft, has signed an agreement to purchase the Los Angeles Clippers for $2 billion, topping the bids of groups led by David Geffen and LA investors Tony Ressler and Steve Karsh, and setting a record price for an NBA team.
- This week, an independent report found that 1,700 veterans trying to get appointments were “at risk of being forgotten” at a corrupt Veterans Affairs hospital.
- Today is “Water a Flower Day.”
- Two corrections officers and a former Essex County assistant prosecutor with access to inmates smuggled contraband including drugs and cellphones into a northern New Jersey jail, according to federal charges announced on Wednesday.
- Your weekend plans.
- Bert Cooper singing “The Best Things in Life are Free” on Mad Men’s split-season finale last Sunday.
It’s your open thread….