Great news for families looking for a really fun indoor activity. Sky Zone Trampoline Park in Pine Brook, NJ (just a 20 minutes from Montclair) will opens its doors tomorrow, Saturday, June 28 at 10 am.
Sky Zone consists of four different courts: a Foam Zone where you jump into a pit of foam squares; a Sky Slam Court, with three basketball hoops for slam-dunking; a trio of dodge ball courts and a large full court for free jumping fun. There’s also lockers to store your belongings when you jump, a snack area, and benches for those who just want to watch the bouncing.
After signing a waiver and purchasing special orange Sky Zone socks for $2, which you can keep and bring back for future jumping fun, and paying for your jumping time ($10 for 30 minutes and $20 for 60 minutes…), you’re ready to jump.
The Gilmore Girls and I attending a special pre-opening session at Sky Zone last night and learned several things:
1. How did I go 40 years before stepping on a trampoline? It’s pure joy!
2. Jumping on a trampoline is a super cardio workout. After just a few minutes, my heart rate was was up like I was doing P90X and, while it took them a bit longer, my girls were begging for water to cool down.
3. Everyone loves jumping. From the toddler with a huge grin bouncing to the older dad who jumped into the huge put of foam squares, Sky Zone was full of shiny, happy people.
4. Jumping on a trampoline is fun, we’ve already established that, but jumping on a trampoline and then into a huge pit of foam cubes, is really fun.
5. While my memories of dodge ball from P.E. class in the 80s aren’t pleasant, playing dodge ball on a trampoline court is awesome. And when you knock your kids out, it’s even better.
6. Anyone can dunk if they have a little help from a trampoline.
Sky Zone will also offer birthday parties, group rentals and even a Skyfitness / Skyrobics class for those who want to have tons of fun while getting in shape.
Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park
60 Chapin Road, Pine Brook, NJ, 07058
Cost: 30 minute jump: $10 / 60 minute jump: $20 / 90 minute jump: $30 / 120 minute jump: $40