Your latest Montclair restaurant and food news:
- The Corner Cafe and Juice Bar (at the corner of Walnut and Grove) has opened and coffee lovers will love it. Stay tuned for our review this week!
- De Novo European Pub will open a patio bar outside the restaurant at the Upper Montclair Train Station beginning in mid-April! There will be 30 additional seats under a covered patio, that will feature a custom-designed walnut bar serving a variety of sweet and slushy drinks to enjoy with the warm weather.
- Michael Carrino, chef and partner at Pig & Prince Restaurant & Gastro-Lounge, was recently named a 2015 Local Hero by Edible Jersey Magazine. The Local Heroes featured were selected by readers and chosen based on their local food movement and the positive impact they make in their communities. Along with a passion for cooking, Chef Carrino gives back to his local community. For the past eight years, he has been cooking and donating approximately 500 traditional Thanksgiving meals for the Salvation Army in Montclair. He also participates at the Cooking for Kids fundraiser for St. Joseph’s Children Hospital annually and supports a number of local charities including Toni’s Kitchen of Montclair.
Trattoria Rustica has moved to a new location at 44 South Park Street, just around the corner from the original Rustica and where Heritage House had a short lived opening.We’ve just learned that the move was short lived and Trattoria Rustica is closed.
- Tiny Elephant, the cafe next door to Watchung Booksellers now offers “Walk Out Wednesday,” to help with your Hump Day dinners. Place your dinner order any time before 1 pm on the Wednesday you want it, then pick it up between 5 pm – 7 pm and enjoy! You get a choice of one main and two sides. Cost is $20 a meal / $45 Family Style, which feeds four. Check out the March menu here for an idea of offerings. (April menu isn’t out yet)
- Bryan Gregg, Chef and Owner of Escape Montclair, just announced that as part of Escape Month, celebrating Escape’s second anniversary, he will hold a month-long bake sale every weekend in April to help end childhood hunger. The bake sale is part of Share Our Strength’s Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry™ and coincides with Escape’s new children-centric menu offerings (parents rejoice!) launching tomorrow. Guests who visit Escape any weekend in April will be able to buy treats to take home and the proceeds will be donated to Share Our Strength.