For one week in July, New Jersey goes French. Between July 6 – 14, which is Bastille Day (France’s Independence Day) Le French Week will offer fun events celebrating all things French. There are many events throughout NJ—from French charades and desserts in Hoboken to a night out at L’Occitane en Provence in Paramus—but lucky for us, there are great events in Baristaville!
Here are your local Le French Week events:
- French Painting 101 Workshop
Learn the French language and techniques of painting. Enjoy French refreshments
Wednesday, July 8 from 6 pm -8:30 pm
Doin’ Dishes, 50 Church St, Montclair, NJ 07042
$35 per person
- Parlez -Vous Franglais? with Oui, Oui, Je Speak Franglais
French/English language exchange & dinner at Uncle Momo for ages 18 and up. Beginner-Advance Levels
Thursday, July 9 from 7 pm – 10 pm
Uncle Momo, 702 Bloomfield Ave, Montclair, NJ 07042
- Bastille Day Art & Crafts
Saturday, July 11 from 10 am – 4 pm
Children can celebrate Bastille Day with art & crafts at French Institute Alliance Française in Montclair. They’ll also enjoy French pastries and learn some French words
FIAF, 7 North Willow Street, Suite 7, Montclair, Nj, 07042
- The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) will throw its annual Bastille Day in Montclair celebration at the beautiful Van Vleck House & Gardens on Tuesday, July 14. Indulge in delicious French cuisine from Uncle Momo, sip refreshing French wine, and dance to a live band. Try your luck at the complimentary prize drawing and win fabulous prizes including free French classes, gift baskets, and lots more. Tickets: FIAF Members $35 / Non-Members $45.Don’t miss this festive evening—invite your friends too! C’est magnifique!
- Join a French-themed scavenger hunt for kids and French food sampling at Trader Joe’s in Clifton (259 Allwood Road) on Tuesday, July 14 from 10 am – 5 pm. Free admission!
- Enjoy 3 course prix-fixe menus at Fricassée in Montclair on Tuesday, July 14 from 5 pm – 10 pm. Price is $45 per pesron—Bon appétit!
- Celebrate Le French Week New Jersey at Mes Rêves in Bloomfield on Tuesday, July 14 from 5 pm – 10 pm. Price is $45 per pesron—Bon appétit!