By presidential proclamation, September 11 is a National Day of Service and Remembrance. Americans are called on to observe the day with ceremonies and activities, including remembrance services. Flags should be displayed at half-staff in honor of the individuals who lost their lives.
Here are some local 9/11 Services and Commemorations:
- Essex County will acknowledge those we lost at the ESSEX REMEMBERS ceremony. It will be held at the Essex County Eagle Rock September 11th Memorial on Friday, September 11 at 8 a.m. (sharp).
- In Montclair residents will gather at Watchung Plaza from 8 – 9 a.m. to remember town residents who perished 14 years ago.
- Also in Montclair, Toni’s Kitchen collecting healthy non-perishables (brown rice, canned tuna, canned veggies, pasta, beans, shelf stable milk) today from 9am to 6:30pm to support its Healthy Backpacks for Families program and honoring the National 9/11 Day of Service with this community-wide effort.
- Bloomfield will hold its annual 9/11 Memorial Service on the Town Green starting at 6 p.m. Join Township officials, friends, family and neighbors as we remember those who were lost.
- Nutley will hold a ceremony at 10 a.m. in front of Town Hall to remember the three residents that were lost on September 11.
- Little Falls will hold a service at 7 p.m. at Wilmore Park to commemorate September 11.