Barista Kids: A Blog is Born

Monday, Mar 09, 2009 11:53am  |  COMMENTS (6)

thebaristas.jpg

As some of you know, I’m Kristen Kemp, and I started a cheesy little blog called MontclairKids.com last year.

You may have noticed that MontclairKids has moved. When I was invited to park my site over at Baristanet, I started packing my virtual bags. Baristanet is the destination for local online news and commentary. Now we’re partners. See us all sharing tea sans vodka, left. We collaborated on a new name and came up with Barista Kids.

When I stop pinching myself, I will admit I’m a little nervous.

My hyperlocal mommy blog has suddenly become more real. My website is the same, only better. I hope to help city parents make the
transition to the suburbs because I was lonely when my family moved here 3
years ago. And for those of us who are already here, Barista Kids will
guide you through suburban family survival.

I have three kids ages 3 and under. We survive thanks to local people and places. We try not to take topics–from kindergarten choices to Elmo tickets–so seriously. This isn’t NPR or CNN. But it is a blog run by me, a longtime women’s magazine writer, children’s book author and mommy blogger.

Barista Kids is assisted by Georgette Gilmore, local mom and Upcoming Events editor. She’s lived here longer, and she’s been a parent to two children longer. I listen to her.

So hallujiah and amen. Barista Kids was officially reborn last Monday, March 2.

Sign up for our email list below, and we’ll send you updates of the best things going on around town. And please click back. We’re adding new and improved features all the time. What do you want to see–or not see–on Barista Kids?

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Sign up for Barista Kids Email Newsletter

For Email Marketing you can trust

1. POSTED BY Katie  |  March 09, 2009 @ 4:30 pm

What a bunch of hot broads.
    Congrats to Baristanet!

2. POSTED BY profwilliams  |  March 09, 2009 @ 5:30 pm

(Katie you read my mind…..)
    How many hot Baristamoms does it take to start a blog?
    6 of them
    2 months each
    I smell a BARISTACHALENDAR!!!!!!

3. POSTED BY Katie  |  March 09, 2009 @ 6:40 pm

How about that real good looking one with the long curly hair, meeeeowww!

4. POSTED BY Kristen Kemp  |  March 09, 2009 @ 8:54 pm

So Katie, When do you want to start on Barista Pets?

5. POSTED BY Katie  |  March 09, 2009 @ 10:29 pm

Mister (my chihuahua) is writing his first Barista Pets blog post right now…

6. POSTED BY Annette Batson  |  March 10, 2009 @ 2:06 pm

Welcome to the family, Kristen and Georgette. Next time, we’ll have vodka.

Stopped by on opening day to take out a dozen empanadas. Very welcoming space, especially with the storefront glass open on a warm spring day and sidewalk tables available; and, the staff were warm and engaged. The empanadas are soft and pastry-like, rather than the harder crisper type. They got a thumbs up from the Morales family, who loves them a good empanada!