Were you were one of those people who got up at 3 am back in 1981 to watch the live coverage of the Royal Wedding? Watching the flower girls trying to unfold the massive amounts of white fabric as Diana emerged out of the carriage in a poofy white cloud and then walking behind the 25 foot train….I so wanted to be one of those girls.
Your girls can be honorary flower girls with these royal headbands, just like the ones worn by the girls in Princess Diana’s wedding party.
This is what you will need:
- 18 Gauge paper stem wire
- Silk flowers in pinks, white and yellows
- Silk variegated ivy leaves
- Hot glue
- A wire cutter or needle-nosed pliers (useful but not necessary)
- Step One: Take two pieces of wire and twist them together
- Step Two: Measure child’s head and twist the other ends of the wire together to form a circle ( make slightly larger than child’s head to allow to slide onto head)
- Step Three: Hot glue the leaves all around the rim of the wire overlapping to cover the ends.
- Step Four: Hot glue the flowers and ivy varying the colors and sizes of the flowers
You can also tie long pieces of ribbon to go on the back of the headbands.
Questions? Just Ask Holly in comments.