GR: Fire at the Congo

They were cleaning up after the Glen Ridge Congregational Church’s rummage sale when “We heard a big zap!” said Lynn Ritchkoff, a congregant and sale volunteer.

A ballast from one of the overhead fluorescent light fixtures apparently exploded, sending smoke into the basement auditorium and chasing about two dozen volunteers and the last of the sale patrons outside. The small fire was attacked by fire extinguisher and the Montclair Fire Department.

No one was hurt. Damage was minor.

Click here to sign up for Baristanet's free daily emails and news alerts.

4 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.