Fancy a cocktail to get you dancing on the ceiling like Fred Astaire? Feeling a bit knackered from all of this wedding hub bub? If you are staying in and not “on the p*ss” this weekend here is a brilliant British inspired cocktail to pour in your gob. Warning: these are absolutely smashing. One, will have you pleased as punch. Two, you will feel completely mental. Three, you will be barking mad and after four you’ll be pulling a tactical chunder in the hedge or as I like to call it a “T.C”.
Now what shall we call this Gin and Pimm’s scrumptiousness?
As for winner from the last Name That Cocktail. Anyone who used the term “Bing” was disqualified; wrong kind of cherry. If a family member could win I would pick my 8 year old niece’s entry of “Cherry Bloom Bloom” , but alas no. Here are the other favorites: “Branch Brook Spark” from Paz, “Cherry Gar Seeya” from Walleroo and “Red Wings” from Mellon Brush ( only because I’m from the D). Your prize is each and every winner gets to give me $500 to defray the cost of squirrel proofing my house! Congratulations! The next prize will be even better (I swear it will)!
- Over ice pour:
- One shot of gin
- One shot of Pimm’s
- One cap full of Rose’s Lime Juice
- 6oz ( a half of a bottle or to your liking) good ginger beer. Personally I think Reed’s Ginger Beer is the best
- A squeeze of fresh lime
- Stir lightly
All of the beautiful bar-ware generously provided by Garnish located on the corner of Walnut St. and Forrest St. in Montclair.
- Set of 7 Numbered low balls with blue and gold shield like motif – $30/set of 7
- Off White pottery pedestal ribbed compote-$30
- Hammered aluminum covered ice bucket -$26
- Clear glass cocktail mixer with spout-$24
- Set of 4 cobalt blue napkins with embroidered white thistles-$12/set of 4
- Shiny lace design chrome serving tray-$28
- Cobalt blue glass “Cotton Club” swizzle stick-$2
So let’s raise a glass the newly married royal couple and say, “Pip pip and Cheerio”. Cheers darlings here’s to a lifetime of happiness!