Snow for the History Books

BY  |  Saturday, Oct 29, 2011 12:48pm  |  COMMENTS (14)

Photo by Michael Stahl

Curses! It’s snowing all right, and though there’s nothing much sticking on roads, it is coating cars and bushes. Believe it or not, 5 to 8 inches is forecast for tonight. And it’s historic — only the fourth time this has happened since the Civil War. But Booo-ristanet goes on as planned. See you tonight and safe travels. is postponed to tomorrow (Sunday, 10/30)

To the left is an image of Walleroo, who came out from under Liz’s porch for long enough to glance at the snow, and was ambushed by the paparazzi.

1. POSTED BY walleroo  |  October 29, 2011 @ 12:55 pm

I was wondering how long it would take for the Baristas to get a snow shot up on the site. Not long at all…

2. POSTED BY walleroo  |  October 29, 2011 @ 12:55 pm

And now for my personal commentary on the snow:

aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

3. POSTED BY frankgg  |  October 29, 2011 @ 1:12 pm

We’re going to the Boooo – rista Party no matter what!!!!
    I will not take S’no for an answer!!!

4. POSTED BY Moondancer  |  October 29, 2011 @ 1:59 pm

Power out at 1:16pm. Anyone else lose power on Lorraine Ave? Can’t get anyone at PSE&G

5. POSTED BY htorrone  |  October 29, 2011 @ 2:06 pm

ours flickered over by brookdale park! Glad I didn’t go food shopping like we were gonna be snowed in for a week.

6. POSTED BY jerseygurl  |  October 29, 2011 @ 2:10 pm

I have big branches down on wires that have been ripped out and have been dialing the PSE&G emergency number for a half hour and get a busy signal. The pole has been ripped off the side of my house. Anyone have any ideas on how to get hold of someone?

7. POSTED BY walleroo  |  October 29, 2011 @ 2:30 pm

To the left is an image of Walleroo…

Nonsense. I’m much fatter than that.

8. POSTED BY kit schackner  |  October 29, 2011 @ 2:36 pm

Power keeps flickering on Carteret. It’s treacherous walking the dog with tree branches snapping all over. We ran.

9. POSTED BY nobroadbaycelltower  |  October 29, 2011 @ 2:39 pm

Broad Street at Bay Ave. and Glenridge Parkway is closed due to downed wires and branches. Branches are crackling and more are falling in backyards. A few pictures have been posted on https://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Broad-Street-Cell-Tower/116652061746229

10. POSTED BY jerseygurl  |  October 29, 2011 @ 2:40 pm

Tree branches are snapping because the leaves are still on and holding onto the super heavy snow. I keep losing branches and have a downed wire in my yard.

11. POSTED BY crankydave  |  October 29, 2011 @ 2:49 pm

Can’t wait for: i) dumbasses racing around in SUVs, with no snow cleares off their windshields; ii) HS girls walking around in equally idiotic flipflops or Ugg boots, trying SO HARD to lok cute; iii) other dumbasses jogging through intersections iv) the inevitable grumbling barista-grumbling about having to wait 2 hours for the #66 bus.

12. POSTED BY Spiro T. Quayle  |  October 29, 2011 @ 3:23 pm

You are cranky today, crankydave.

13. POSTED BY crankydave  |  October 29, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

Tell me where I’m wrong. Will also add: Maybe OWSers will go out and shovel snow in front of senior citizen’s houses. Rather, they’ll just blog about it.

14. POSTED BY Spiro T. Quayle  |  October 29, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

Not wrong with regard to the local ways, cranky, I agree with your observations, we all see that kind of annoying local behavior. My only point was that your screen name suits you.

I'm struck by how much attention is being paid to the details of a parking lot, as opposed to the attention paid to the future impact of the monstrous projects being planned.