Upper Montclair’s Little Daisy Bake Shop Delivers the Goodies

BY  |  Friday, Oct 14, 2011 8:30am  |  COMMENTS (5)

Whoopie! Have something new with your coffee this morning, when the Little Daisy Bake Shop, located at 626 Valley Road in Upper Montclair, opens its doors at 9:30 a.m. Located next door to Dunkin Donuts and decorated like a 1940s kitchen, Little Daisy takes over the space that once housed Tia’s Food of Love. Owner Jennifer Snyder will sell custom and ready-made cakes, whoopie pies (dark chocolate cake filled with a marshmallow mixture), cupcakes, muffins, scones, decorated sugar and spice cookies, as well as coffee, milk and juices.  Starting November 1, the shop will begin taking orders for apple and pumpkin pies.

“I’ve always had a passion for baking and my mom made everything from scratch when I was growing up…So I started baking birthday cakes for friends and family and it grew from there.  People at these parties said, ‘Would you bake a cake for me?’ and I would. People kept saying, ‘Would you open your own place?’ So I did,” says Snyder, a Montclair resident and mom of an eight and five year old.

Snyder, along with Jessica Seigel (who previously worked at the Flour Patch Bakery), bake everything on the premises and use peanut-free ingredients, including Vermont nut-free chocolate and peanut-free icing, sprinkles and coloring.  Snyder says she is also exploring using ingredients for people with other allergies.  “Gluten-free products are definitely on my radar screen,” says Snyder.

For more information about the Little Daisy Bake Shop, call 973-707-2157 or visit on Facebook.

1. POSTED BY thislittlepiggy  |  October 14, 2011 @ 9:49 am

Looks like a very cute space. Look forward to trying it out soon.

2. POSTED BY Liz George  |  October 14, 2011 @ 11:56 am

Just tried a butterscotch scone — heavenly!

3. POSTED BY jerseygurl  |  October 14, 2011 @ 12:08 pm

I don’t eat sweets (just don’t have that sweet tooth thing) but I’ll definitely stop by to bring in some goodies on my way to work next week.

4. POSTED BY Georgette Gilmore  |  October 14, 2011 @ 12:15 pm

Congratulations Jennifer! I’ve had the pleasure of trying Jen’s cakes at birthday parties in the past and I can’t wait to visit the bakery for more treats. And peanut-free! I’ll be taking my peanut allergic daughter there this afternoon!

5. POSTED BY megbeattiepatrick  |  October 15, 2011 @ 12:54 am

Best to Jennifer and her new Little Daisy Bake Shop! May you enjoy a nice long run, like Tia’s had. This makes the 3rd consecutive specialty food shop in that location. Before Tia’s Food of Love, I co-owned Culinary Experience, a gourmet take-out shop plus catering, in that same space. Prior to our renovations for a town-code approved kitchen, confection oven, walk-in, real terra cotta flooring, wainscoting, etc., it had been a hair salon for many years owned by a guy named Ray or Ré, I forget which, who relocated his salon to Church Street for awhile. Congratulations! Can’t wait to sample everything!

I've been driving the Marlboro Inn around town for the past 12 years, looking for a suitable relocation site. Any ideas?