Baristanet Profile: Carl Bergmanson

BY  |  Tuesday, Nov 08, 2011 9:42am  |  COMMENTS (13)

Name: Carl Bergmanson
Town: Glen Ridge
When did you move there? 1988
How do you make a living? Computer consulting
Coffee, tea or … ? Coca-Cola (no ice, no straw, just coke in a glass)
What’s your idea of a perfect Saturday? Lazy day at home with Ruby (wife) & Cubes (cat)
What’s your favorite local restaurant? Fitzgerald’s 1928
What’s on your nightstand? A clock and a lamp
Your iPod? Oldies (mostly ’63-’72) with just a dab of Lady Gaga
Your TiVO? Jeopardy, Amazing Race, Good Wife (gotta love that Kalinda!) & Castle – also Boardwalk Empire, Dexter & Mad Men “OnDemand”
What’s the worst-kept secret about your town? That it’s not just beautiful, but also a great place to live.
What do you hope they say about you at your funeral? “I’m glad that they respected great-great-great-grandpa’s wishes and put him in his Vikings jersey & Mets jacket.”

Carl Bergmanson, an original co-founder of Baristanet, ran against Jon Corzine in the 2009 gubernatorial primary and recently appeared in two community theater productions.

1. POSTED BY kay  |  November 08, 2011 @ 9:47 am

Dear Mayor Carl, now that I know you are at Mets fan, I **really** want you to move to Montclair and run for office! Pretty pleeeeezzzeee!!???

2. POSTED BY frankgg  |  November 08, 2011 @ 10:23 am

GREAT PHOTO

3. POSTED BY jerseygurl  |  November 08, 2011 @ 10:33 am

Does the Mayor actually have to live in Montclair? If so, I can rent Carl a room in my house.
    : )

4. POSTED BY walleroo  |  November 08, 2011 @ 10:45 am

When I was a kid, Carl, I was a Vikings fan, perversely, because I grew up round these parts. I still remember Gary Cuozzo throwing interceptions, the defense (the Purple People Eaters!) winning games 2-0, and the arrival of Scramblin’ Fran Tarkenton.

5. POSTED BY Carl Bergmanson  |  November 08, 2011 @ 11:38 am

Thank you for the kind words, I look forward to seeing profiles from some of the other regular posters here…

Walleroo – I also grew up around here (well, western Queens & Manhattan), but I have always beee a Vikings fan (I had never even been to Minnesota until my cousin took me to see the Vikings play at the Metrodome as a Christmas Present in 2008).

6. POSTED BY mmmm  |  November 08, 2011 @ 11:51 am

In case I don’t make it to your funeral, you are also a good friend and neighbor and while we’ve had our disagreements (I still say that Richard III hand is as thick as itself with a nephew’s blood) it is always enjoyable talking to you.

7. POSTED BY herbeverschmel  |  November 08, 2011 @ 12:27 pm

“Does the Mayor actually have to live in Montclair?”

I am hopeful that was a joke but I don’t think it was.

Vikes- Yes
    Mets-No

I do like the profile idea.

Whatever happened to Melody Kettle and B’net?

8. POSTED BY doglover  |  November 08, 2011 @ 12:28 pm

Really nice picture Carl, but why was it taken in a bathroom?

9. POSTED BY Carl Bergmanson  |  November 08, 2011 @ 12:42 pm

doglover –

Debbie took it back in 2008 I believe – if memory serves it’s not in a bathroom, but in a hallway at Ridgewood Avenue School in GR.

10. POSTED BY senordeutsch  |  November 08, 2011 @ 1:23 pm

C-Berg…you gotta’ bring back that goatee, brother!

11. POSTED BY Carl Bergmanson  |  November 08, 2011 @ 1:29 pm

And M, thank you for your kind words as well.

However, as I’ve said to you in the past, Richard had little to fear from the princes, they’d already been ruled illegitimate. Henry VII however, with a weaker and much more tenuous claim to the throne, also through illegitimacy (as I recall, double illegitimacy), had every reason to want them dead – with them dead, he could force their sister (next in line to their claim) to marry him (which he did), thus securing a stronger claim to the throne for his loathsome offspring.

12. POSTED BY walleroo  |  November 08, 2011 @ 3:37 pm

Someone, please, bake herb some cupcakes.

13. POSTED BY Erika Bleiberg  |  November 08, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

Let’s go Mets!

Carbs be damned! There's no reason to buy bread anywhere else. It is a heavenly indulgence.

Browse all photos...