With graduation ceremonies just a few short months away, Glen Ridge High School Project Graduation committee members are kicking their fundraising efforts into high gear. This year, Ridgers have the opportunity to support PG2012 by participating in time-honored traditional events and some fun, new additions. All proceeds from these events support a safe, supervised night of festivities for members of the class of 2012 following graduation ceremonies on June 22. The evening will begin with a dinner dance at the Glen Ridge Country Club, followed by a themed tent party complete with games and activities, and then the night culminates with a pool party in the wee hours of the morning. Check out the Disney-themed party last year here.
Here are ways to support the GR Project Graduation 2012:
- With the chill out of the air, Glen Ridge High School seniors will be out in force to clean the winter dust off of your cars. If you are in the vicinity of Ridgewood and Bloomfield Avenues on April 28, pull into the Ridgewood Avenue School’s circular driveway and have your car expertly cleaned for $10. The car wash begins at 9 am.
- Returning again this year is the ever popular Glen Ridge Talent Show on May 4th at the Ridgewood Avenue School Auditorium. Share your talents or come and be entertained by music, dance, singing, comedy and more—you will be amazed at the gifted individuals living in Glen Ridge. Show time is at 7:00pm and tickets cost $10 for adults, $5 for students. Auditions will be held on April 30 from 6-8:30pm at the auditorium. For more information about participating in the Talent Show, contact Amy Baldassare.
- On May 5 you can get your party off to an early start with Cinco de Mayo Zumba at the GRHS gym from 4-6 pm. This 90 minute dance party will be led by 4 local master instructors. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door. To ditch the workout and join the party, email here. Cash or checks should be made out to GRHS Project Graduation 12.
- Don’t forget about your spring gardening! Project Graduation 2012 makes plant buying easy because you can order annual flowers, herbs, and tomatoes, potted arrangements and hanging baskets during the plant sale. Orders are due by April 20and may be picked up or delivered (free delivery for orders over $125) at the Ridgewood Avenue School front lawn on May 12, just in time for Mother’s Day. There will be a limited selection on the date of the sale. For best selection, choose and order your plants today. For questions and pricing, e-mail Candy or call 201-341-9491.
- It just wouldn’t be a Project Graduation event without the annual Duck Race in the Glen. Once again, rubber ducks will be floating down Toney’s Brook where for $5, you can cheer your duck to the finish line and have the chance to win fabulous prizes. As is tradition, the Duck Race will take place during the Glen Ridge Arts Festival on May 12. o order ducks, donate prizes or for further information, please contact Yvonne Provost.
Come out this spring and show your support for and pride in the Glen Ridge High School Class of 2012!