It will officially be summer on June 20 and this year, I plan to really make the most of the season. I love the more relaxed time the season brings, but to be honest, I’m usually cranky once the humidity and heat hits 90°. I end up wanting to stay in front of my air conditioner. But this summer, I will be proactive and get things that will help me enjoy summertime more with my family.
Here’s my summer wish list:
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker: I have been wanting to buy this since it came out. This ice pop maker lets you make your own homemade ice pops in just seven minutes. Ice pops that quick sounds great to me, and using healthy ingredients is a huge plus. I don’t like giving my kids ice pops made with dyes and other junk. I plan to get gourmet and create some really tasty pops. I also plan to make an espresso pop!
- A Play and Freeze Ice Cream Maker Ball: I have no idea if the ice cream made in these balls is any good, but I do know that it’s a fun way to keep the kids busy. And I love ice cream.
- A Slip N Slide: I have fond memories of the Slip N’ Slide when I was a kid. I also have some scars, but what fun it was! I’m getting one of these bad boys for my girls this summer.
- I will treat myself to Red Eye Cafe’s New Orleans Sludge iced coffee drink daily. I’ll have one in the morning and a Greek frappé in the afternoon.
- I will read a ton this summer. I just read A Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar. Next up is Anna Quindlen’s Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake.
What’s on your summer wish list? What things will make you happy, or keep you sane, this summer?