Name that Lime in the Coconut Cocktail

BY  |  Friday, Jul 20, 2012 4:00pm  |  COMMENTS (34)

Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but here’s my number so, call me—-maybe?

Now, a half sane person would have kick-started this post with lyrics about “a lime and a coconut and mix it all up,” but I have never claimed to be even one-quarter sane. After driving 600 miles to Michigan and back with my two kids, my childhood friend Stacie and her three kids in a BAMFT–I am clearly zero percent sane. The video below is about #3 out a total of 768 times we sang along with “Call Me Maybe”. Eleven hours of hearing this song, along with “Are we there yet?” 8 zillion times may very well be the motivation behind my “Greased-up Slip-n-Slide of Death“.

So if you are wondering how to get that song out of your head–or any annoying song out of your head–I suggest you drink heavily, and then drink some more.

What says, “I’m cooking in the 100 degree heat and I don’t feel a damn thing?” like a lime/coconut, mostly boozed-up beverage? Nothing. Hell, I’m bullet proof, nothing to lose. Fire away.

So, let’s go make a drink-clink and use my favorite local rum Brinley Gold. What? You didn’t know we have a family owned rum company right here in Baristaville? Well, we do. And this stuff is smooth, delicious and very well priced.

Here is what you will need:

• Brinley Gold Coconut Rum ( Mango or Lime works as well)
  • Fresh lime
  • Seltzer
  • Ice

This is how you mix it up:
Pour one jigger of rum into a tall glass filled with ice. Squeeze-in a wedge of fresh lime and fill the glass with seltzer and stir. Now drink up, Carley.

This drink is crisp, fresh and light. If you have some mint taking over your plot, try adding a sprig to your drink. I AM NOT A FAN OF RUM but I absolutely love this brand. It’s so good I can actually drink it straight up!

• Brinley Gold Rums available at: Angelbecks,  Town House Wine, Bottle King, A&P Wines & Spirits and Shop Rite Liquors
  • Fruit glasses set of 6-$36
  • Bamboo cane drink stirrers -$16
  • Metal fruit tray-$10
  • Owl carved from a coconut( a perfect gift for Barista Georgette Gilmore, she loves owls and coconuts)-$26
    All available at  Garnish

Now B-ville let’s give this bevy a name. EXTRA POINT FOR REFERENCES TO ANNOYING POP SONGS.

1. POSTED BY PAZ  |  July 20, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

I’m too busy watching the TDF. Especially “Le Wiggo” as the French call Bradley Wiggins who is still in yellow. Since he’s a fresh limey, I’ll call this drink Le Wiggo.

2. POSTED BY zephyrus  |  July 20, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

Coco Recall.

3. POSTED BY Nellie  |  July 20, 2012 @ 4:46 pm

Rum and Coc

4. POSTED BY Mrs Martta  |  July 20, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

I Got a Lime on You
    One Coco-ver the Lime

5. POSTED BY Mrs Martta  |  July 20, 2012 @ 4:54 pm

That was supposed to be two lines….Grrrr…
    Let’s try this again!

One Coc-over the Lime

6. POSTED BY Mrs Martta  |  July 20, 2012 @ 4:54 pm

I Got a Lime on You

7. POSTED BY Spiro T. Quayle  |  July 20, 2012 @ 4:58 pm

The End of the Lime.

8. POSTED BY PAZ  |  July 20, 2012 @ 4:59 pm

One lime toooo many!

9. POSTED BY Spiro T. Quayle  |  July 20, 2012 @ 4:59 pm

Jerusalime Arty chokes.

10. POSTED BY Spiro T. Quayle  |  July 20, 2012 @ 5:03 pm

Rum Lime Bros. & Barnum and Bailey Citrus.

11. POSTED BY Nellie  |  July 20, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

I Walk the Lime

Witchita Lime-an

12. POSTED BY kit schackner  |  July 20, 2012 @ 5:11 pm

Doctor! Dooooctor!

13. POSTED BY Nellie  |  July 20, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

Rum Flew Over the Coconut’s Nest

14. POSTED BY zephyrus  |  July 20, 2012 @ 5:25 pm

Nice Nellie! If I may suggest keeping it at:

Rum Flew Over the Ccconut

15. POSTED BY Nellie  |  July 20, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

Thanks, zephyrus. Sure, shorter may be better. But must be enjoyed during “Medication Lime.”

16. POSTED BY Spiro T. Quayle  |  July 20, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

It reminds me of that famous lime: “Gimme, gimme seltzer, or I might scurvy away”

17. POSTED BY jerseygurl  |  July 20, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

Coco Loco!

18. POSTED BY kit schackner  |  July 20, 2012 @ 5:41 pm

I am tied between Nellie’s “Rum Flew Over the Coconut’s Nest” & Jerseygurl’s “Cocoloco”. I suppose the judge should consider how it sounds to screech or bellow the drink order in a noisy crowded bar. In which case “Doctor! Dooooctor” might be a contender, if it is sung.

19. POSTED BY kit schackner  |  July 20, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

Properly, on key.

20. POSTED BY Spiro T. Quayle  |  July 20, 2012 @ 6:03 pm

I vote for Nellie

21. POSTED BY Georgette Gilmore  |  July 20, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

I do love owls and coconut, and I also love lime. This may be my favorite of your cocktail’s Holly. I think you should name it Georgie Girl. 😉

22. POSTED BY Nellie  |  July 20, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

Thanks, Spiro. I liked your circus one….

Always a lot of great entries here…. I love “Name That Drink.”

23. POSTED BY walleroo  |  July 20, 2012 @ 6:25 pm

I love this song!

24. POSTED BY sophiesnowangel  |  July 20, 2012 @ 6:37 pm

“Put a Lime in the Coconut”

25. POSTED BY walleroo  |  July 20, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

And shake it all around.

26. POSTED BY Holly Korus  |  July 20, 2012 @ 6:57 pm

Hey GG I heard you were a wild one!

10 points to me for using that annoying song (a song I love and run to) 20 points to Nellie, Spiro has 19.5, Kit is at 33 because she is on another planet where I want to be.

MM has 16 pts and everyone else has 5-9.5 pts.

27. POSTED BY Nellie  |  July 20, 2012 @ 7:07 pm

Aah…The “Name That Drink” Olympics…Or Lime Dancing with the Commenters, however you want to look at it…

28. POSTED BY kit schackner  |  July 20, 2012 @ 7:22 pm

Why thank you, Walleroo! I wasn’t aware I was on another planet — I’ve always though my planet was the same planet as everyone else’s planet. Although I do have a family of little humanoid mushrooms under my porch, who wave rhythmically and wildly and shout thin little leftist aphorisms in tiny high voices, as opposed to a kangaroo in a pink shirt who offers up random non sequitors….

29. POSTED BY kit schackner  |  July 20, 2012 @ 7:26 pm

Crap: ‘thought.’ The mushrooms are singing the correction to the base-line of ‘The Lime in the Coconut.’

30. POSTED BY kit schackner  |  July 20, 2012 @ 7:27 pm

Oh, double crap!!! It’s Holly I should have thanked! Roo, I take it all back!

31. POSTED BY Jimmytown  |  July 21, 2012 @ 7:07 pm

Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but here’s my wine glass… I think its empty

32. POSTED BY kay  |  July 21, 2012 @ 8:07 pm

^^^LOLOLOLOL!!!!

33. POSTED BY croiagusanam  |  July 22, 2012 @ 12:52 pm

I’ll wait until vodka is the featured libation, when I can trot out the Simon and Garfunkel “Hazy Shade of Winter” reference (“drinking my vodka and lime…”).

Till then, I vote for Nellie’s.

34. POSTED BY walleroo  |  July 22, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

Holly is my puppet, Kit. You’ve probably noticed by now that she doesn’t really have any of her own opinions. So you may as well thank me.

Another "ground-level basement" (to get around the building height rules)?!