Tonight, August 28, we will provide live coverage of Governor Chris Christie’s keynote address at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida, through NJTV.
The special report, anchored by NJ Today Managing Editor and Host Mike Schneider, will feature the Christie Keynote speech in its entirety, supplemented by local insight and analysis. Watch Live Stream video of the speech beginning at 10 pm (ET):
After the speech, NJ News Commons, which is led by former Barista Debbie Galant, will hold its first live Google Plus Hangout on Air, with commentary from the following participants:
- John Celock, the state politics reporter and Patch liaison for The Huffington Post. He is based in Washington, and is the author of “The Next Generation: Young Elected Officials and Their Impact on American Politics.”
- Ryan Dicovitsky, an adjunct professor of public speaking at Seton Hall and head coach of Seton Hall’s debate team.
- Debbie Galant, the director of the NJ News Commons, founder and former co-editor of Baristanet and former Jersey columnist for The New York Times.
- Steve Johnson, a multimedia journalism professor at Montclair State, who has worked at Patch, the AP, MSNBC and Court TV.
- John Mooney, a founding editor of NJ Spotlight and a veteran of both the Star Ledger and the Bergen Record.
- Fred Tuccillo, the Patch senior regional editor for Central Jersey and the Shore, and a former national editor for Newsday, where he directed coverage of several conventions.
- Julie Winokur, independent documentary producer and the founder of Bring it to the Table, a Kickstarter-funded initiative to foster civility in political dialogue. Although she’s based in Montclair, she will join us from Tampa.
We will add that video as soon as it becomes available.