It’s fall and it’s time for the Free Community-Wide Swap at Hillside School. Jane Marcus is at it again. She’s the creator and organizer of the Hillside School tradition, which helps you clear out your closets and/or score some “new to you” items. The 18th swap will take place on Saturday, October 13 from 9 am – 11 am.
Friday, October 12 is the day to drop off your donations and Saturday, October 13 is the day to shop!
Here are the details:
Do you need or can you donate gently used?:
Adult’s & Children’s Clothing:
Coats & jackets
Sweaters & sweatshirts
Shirts & blouses
Skirts & dresses
Shoes & boots
Gloves, hats, mittens & scarves
Snowsuits and pants
Soccer balls, cleats & shin guards
Rollerblades and rollerskates
Mitts, balls & bats
Skates, hockey sticks
Baby swings, bouncy seats
DVD’s, videos, CD’s, adult & kids books
New toys & unopened games & puzzles
● Everything will be FREE. Come and take whatever you want!
● You do not have to donate anything to take things.
● To make this work, we need donations of any of the above items. If you are making donations, everything must be in very good condition. This means it looks like something you would put on yourself or your own child or want your child to play with.
● Drop off all donations on Friday, October 12 between 3:30 pm and 6:30 pm at Hillside School (54 Orange Road, Montclair, NJ 07042) in the gym. If you cannot drop off at that time, please email Jane Marcus to try to make other arrangements.
● We CANNOT ACCEPT: games or puzzles unless in original wrapping and still sealed, or tape the box closed, or carseats, potties, full-sized cribs, skis, bikes, computers, outdated software, text books and computer manuals.
● If you can volunteer to help on Friday or Saturday, or if you have questions about the swap, please email Jane Marcus.