Thank you for a wonderful, productive and fun 2012. Here at Barista Kids we had a great, and very busy, year:
- We sponsored Montclair Film Festival’s first annual Kidz Shortz Competition
- We introduced our food series Flavor Excursions and brought some multicultural family food to your table.
- We held a Diaper Drive to help the Human Needs Food Pantry and a book collection to help the Book Pantry.
- We introduced a new column called The Special Connection, offering advice, resources and discussion for families with children with special needs.
- We gave you our comprehensive Camp Guide
- We covered Montclair School’s Superintendent Alvarez leaving and the hiring of new Superintendent Peny MacCormack.
- We got in on the Fifty Shades of Grey action
- We were Champion Sponsors of the Tour de Montclair
- We covered the Mayoral Election and the Montclair PTA Moms Real Progress Ad
- We covered the Montclair Kindergarten tour process here, here, here and here.
- We were there for the opening of the awesome dinosaur park Field Station: Dinosaurs and gave away lots of tickets.
- We had lots of fun at Nishuane School’s Mayfest
- We were media partners with Montclair Film Festival’s Kidz Shortz Competition again.
- We were Co-Presenters of the family films screened at Montclair Film Festival.
- We hosted Scary Mommy for a great party and book signing.
- We were sponsors at the MMO Carnival.
- We had a blast in Montclair’s Fourth of July Parade.
- We gave you great Day Trip reviews.
- We gave you craft ideas, costume help, party planning and more in Ask Holly.
- We gave you delicious family-friendly recipes in our What’s For Dinner column.
- We covered the postponement of Halloween due to Hurricane (or Superstorm) Sandy.
- We interviewed the amazing Judy Blume and Chris Gifford, creator do Dora the Explorer.
- We were sponsors of Montclair Public Library’s annual The Little Read
- We covered the 2012 Presidential Election and the kids who rocked the vote.
And there was even more!
We’re so thankful for the eventful year we just had and we look forward to sharing next year with you.
From all of us at Barista Kids—Happy New Year! We wish you the best of luck, love and good fortune in 2013.