In keeping with its 61-year history as a valuable resource to the public as a community service building, the United Way Building has office space available that is open to nonprofit agencies.
United Way of Northern New Jersey, which owns the building, invites area nonprofits to consider the 1,575 square feet of office space available in the building, located at 60 South Fullerton Avenue.
Conceived as a centrally-located place for social service agencies to serve the Montclair-area community, the building was built in honor of Montclair philanthropists David and Ella Mills. (Read more about the Mills in Legendary Locals of Montclair.) At the time, Montclair’s charitable organizations were scattered and squeezed into inadequate facilities. Opened in 1952 by the Davella Mills Foundation, the building opened with eight nonprofit tenants. Upon its dedication, the Foundation transferred the building’s deed to The Community Chest of Montclair, which later became United Way.
Today, the building is occupied by a dozen nonprofits, with space to accommodate one or two more nonprofit tenants, effective October 1. Tenants have access to the parking lot as well as storage facilities in the basement. Several improvements are underway including a keyless security system and upgraded office space. The Garden Club of Montclair also maintains the public Avis Campbell Garden on the building’s grounds.
For more information about the United Way Building, email Jane.Conway@UnitedWayNNJ.org or call 973.746.4040, x212.
United Way of Northern New Jersey is a nonprofit organization working to improve people’s lives and strengthen communities by focusing on Education, Income, and Health. To learn more, call 973.746.4040 or visit www.UnitedWayNNJ.org.