We’re not sure how those remote controls constantly get lost, but they do. Here’s a practical solution — an upcycled jean remote control pocket pillow! It’s a fun, convenient way to keep those remotes right on the couch, but out of sight. It’s an easy beginner project and a great gift for Fathers Day, coming up in two weeks on Sunday, June 15.
Upcycled Jean Remote Control Pocket Pillow
- 12″ x 12″ pillow form
- Old jeans – at least one pair, depending on the size
- Seam ripper
- Sewing machine
- Chalk Pencil
1. Wash jeans. Using a pair of scissors, split the jeans in half. Take apart the inseam. Cut the center of the jeans, from the crotch to the waist, along the zipper line in the front and the center seam in the back. Iron the two pieces.
2. Using a seam ripper, remove a pocket from the jeans. Set aside until ready to use.
3. Measure and carefully cut two pieces of fabric, each 12.5″ X 12.5″.
4. Pin the pocket on the right side of the piece of fabric and sew around the outer edge. Remember not to sew across the top.
5. Pin the front and back right sides together. Sew around the pillow leaving a 4 inch opening to insert the pillow form.
6. Turn right side out. Insert pillow form.
7. Hand sew the remaining hole together.
Give it to Dad on Father’s Day along with a homemade coupon for a night of remote control “control!”