Your latest Montclair restaurant and food news:
- After a complete remodel of the former Mac Attack space, The Spot Montclair has opened at 104 Walnut Street offering American Style comfort food, or what they call “Food that Hits the Spot.” You’ll get Burgers, Grilled Cheese, Mac N’ Cheese, Soup, Salad and bar-like snacks, such as jalapeno poppers and Fried Mac Bites. There’s also a Kid’s Menu offering smaller versions of the main offerings. Stay tuned for Baristanet’s full story and review.
- Yalo & Me, the cafe and creperie at 49 Church Street, will close its doors on Monday. It started out as Café La Crêpe in 2013 and was expanded and remodeled as Yalo & Me.
- Montclair Bread Co. opened its new Wholesale Bakery & Education Center on Label Street, its cafe at MPL, and has a brand new shiny food truck called Mimi Sprinkles. Mimi may be seen around town making deliveries and will be a popular presence at private parties and events during warmer months.
- Last year Chef Mike Carrino of Pig & Prince Restaurant prepared and donated 500 Thanksgiving Day meals to the Montlcair Salvation Army community. This year he will double his generosity and make approximately 1,000 meals, including turkey, ham, roasted potatoes, roasted vegetables, stuffing, gravy and apple crisp. Nice job Chef!
- Yogic Chai’s award winning Chai is now available at Raymond’s on 28 Church Street. Warm, spicy, delicious chai just in time for winter! (Photo: Yogic Chai’s FB page.)