In the words of Montclair’s beloved Yogi Berra, “Cut my pie into four pieces, I don’t think I could eat eight.”
Here’s a contest that has my name written all over it — a pie eating contest! The Little Daisy Bake Shop will hold its first ever Pie Eating Contest on Sunday, September 18, as part of the Upper Montclair Sidewalk Sale.
Think you’ve got the skills to enter? Can you eat a whole pie faster than anyone?
Here’s the deal:
- Pie eaters have to be 18 years old and have registered and signed a waiver before the big day.
- The object is to eat one full pie (Blueberry or Key LIme) as fast as possible.
- Contestants may eat either standing, sitting or kneeling in their designated area.
- The use of hands or utensils is not allowed!
- Bottled water is allowed to wash the pie down during the competition.
- The contest is over when the top contestants have finished eating their pies.
- If a contestant throws up or regurgitates, he or she will automatically be disqualified.
Get more information and download the registration form and waiver online here.