The Montclair Art Museum is excited to relaunch Free First Thursday Nights on October 6 with a special Halloween themed experience.
The spooky Free First Thursday Night will be hosted by Weird NJ co-publishers Mark and Mark. Author Wheeler Antabanez will read a haunting tale from his new book The Old Asylum and Other Stories, inspired by Overbrook Mental Hospital (formerly in Cedar Grove). The reading will be followed by a discussion and Q&A with Wheeler, Mark, and Mark. Copies of The Old Asylum and Other Stories, published by Sagging Meniscus Press of Montclair, and the new issue of Weird NJ will be available for purchase and signing.
Here’s the full lineup:
- Free admission to MAM’s permanent collection and special exhibitions, 5–9 p.m. Take a tour at 6:30 or 7:30 p.m.
- do it at Free First Thursday Night – Free First Thursday Night provides new opportunities to interact with the do it exhibition. Hum your way into a gallery, see newly rotated artworks, and more! Community participation thanks to SummerART campers providing items for Allison Knowles’ Homage to Each Red Thing (1996).
- Full-service bar with special Free First Thursday Night prices. The Art Bar at MAM is provided by Upstairs and NJ Beer Co. MAM members receive a special discount on drinks at the bar! Cash and credit card accepted.
- Get creative with a Janet Taylor Pickett inspired art project in the Geyer Studio, Yard School of Art Draw Along Workshop, and Green Screen Visual Effects Workshop
- Live music with Okestura
- MAM is collecting nonperishable food items for the Jersey Battered Women’s Service in honor of National Domestic Violence Month.
- Grab a bite from Bro-Ritos, or a taste from Lotus Scoop!
Free First Thursday Nights at MAM
Thursday, October 6 from 5 pm – 9 pm
Montclair Art Center, 3 South Mountain Avenue, Montclair, NJ, 07042