From the directors of Campus Kids Weekday Sleep-Away Camp on the rural campus of Blair Academy
HOW DO YOUNG CHILDREN DO AT CAMP?
Here’s what we have learned about young children (ages 7 to 9) who attend sleep-away camp.
- Younger kids need counselors who meet their needs: plenty of energy and imagination, lots of attention, nurturing, playfulness – along with the ability to create and maintain the right amount of structure.
- They need a younger kid schedule rather than one that makes them keep up with the older kids.
- They like to try out lots of different types of activities more than spending extended time on intense skill development.
- They love being around older campers (at least sometimes) who are friendly to them.
Some children are ready at this age for sleep-away camp, others are not. But if your young child is asking to to go camp, there are many camps that can meet his/her needs. Ask questions that will help you understand whether the camp culture is well-suited for your younger camper.
Bring your family for a private tour of Campus Kids Weekday Sleep-Away Camp in Blairstown, NJ. 1-hour west of Manhattan.
We are making appointments for these dates:
- March 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
- April 1, 2, 8, 9
Choose two weeks or more.
Enroll online now. Only a deposit is due at this time.
Space in each age group is limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
- Short VIDEO about the Weekday Sleep-Away Camp
- What IS a weekday sleep-away camp?
- Each camper chooses his/her activities every day.
- Activities at Camp
- What Parents Say About Camp
- Take the ONLINE CAMP TOUR.
- Visit camp for a PRIVATE TOUR on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Camp Enrollment: Winter Tuition Discounts Available
- Contacting Camp