It’s Giving Tuesday – a movement to create an international day of charitable giving at the beginning of the holiday season. If you need some inspiration, here are some ways to show some local love:
1) The Montclair Public Library Foundation has launched its “Love Your Library” Annual Appeal Campaign with a goal of $225,000. Donations to the Library may be made by check to the Montclair Public Library Foundation, 50 South Fullerton Avenue, Montclair, or online at the Foundation website.
2) Partners for Health Foundation has launched the 5th Annual Holiday Matching Grants campaign to benefit local soup kitchens, food pantries and organizations working to address and prevent hunger and homelessness. Up to $275,000 in matching funds will be awarded.
4) The YMCA of Montclair opens its doors to everyone, but can’t do it without your support. Please consider making a charitable gift to the Y and help a child learn to swim, allow a senior to participate in a class, or provide a cancer survivor the chance to be part of a supportive community. When you give to the Y, every dollar donated has a lasting impact on people in your community Give today and make a difference tomorrow.
5) Support for The Montclair Orchestra comes from community members like you. Make a donation to The Montclair Orchestra, to support the arts in Montclair and Northern New Jersey and find out why Montclair Orchestra is the Orchestra for The Next Generation.
6) United Way of Essex and West Hudson seeks to address the root causes of community concerns by aligning resources to best meet the needs of individuals, children and families through its service-area. Consider making a donation online here
7) The Brookdale Park Conservancy works to preserve, sustain and promote Brookdale Park, one of the crown jewels of the Essex County Park System and a treasured natural and recreational resource for our community. Check out their website to learn about all the great things they’ve done for Brookdale Park and make a donation online here
8) Support SOPAC by making a donation. With your help, SOPAC will continue to bring world-class arts experiences to our community, and thrive as a cultural destination
10) Support the mission of Montclair Ambulance Unit with a tax deductible donation. Donations to MAU help not only the day-to-day operations but also MAU Community Outreach which delivers low cost community education to individuals, schools, community groups and more.
11) Partners for Women and Justice in Montclair empowers low-income and abused women to build safe and secure futures for themselves and their children by providing equal access to justice. They offer quality legal assistance in domestic violence and family law matters and guidance to promote financial competence and independence.Make a donation online here.
12) Consider making a donation to Outpost in the Burbs, an all-volunteer non-profit organization. In addition to bringing you a top-notch concert series at reasonable prices, Outpost participates in a variety of community service activities and partners with other community organizations. Donate online here.
13) Support Jazz House Kids by making a donation.Your donation to Jazz House Kids will go directly to where the need is greatest. Jazz House Kids provides new instruments to kids, tuition assistance and vital programming in underserved schools.
14) A donation to S.O.F.I.A (Start Out Fresh Intervention Advocates), will help the organization keep its commitment to empowering the lives of women and their families that have been affected by domestic violence.
15) Montclair Fund for Educational Excellence (MFEE) launched its “Publicly Proud” Annual Appeal campaign today on #GivingTuesday with a goal of $80,000 by February 2018. Show how PUBLICLY PROUD you are today on this day of Global Giving with an investment in Montclair schools, students and community by making a tax-deductible donation today at MFEE.org.
Giving locally? Have a great organization you are supporting? Share it in comments.