Cheese lovers, foodies and casual kitchen cooks will all find plenty to appreciate at this year’s Cheesefest in Montclair. The event, presented by the Montclair History Center, Montclair Center and Rutgers Cooperative 4-H Program, celebrates all things cheese, from how it’s made to where it comes from.
Local family-owned Schuman Cheese will be showcasing a collection of its most acclaimed cheeses, including its own Cello and Yellow Door Creamery brands. Attendees will also have the chance to sample some of the world’s most celebrated cheeses, thanks to Schuman’s exceptional import partners. All event proceeds will benefit the Montclair History Center.
Cheesefest will offer:
· Five sampling stations featuring Schuman’s popular artisan cheeses
· A wheel cracking (an expert wielding special tools uses Old World techniques to break into a giant 90-pound wheel of cheese)
· A petting zoo, featuring dairy-producing animals
· Demonstrations in the Montclair History Center’s hearth kitchen
· Musical entertainment from the Watchung Mountain Riders
Among the award-winning cheeses Schuman Cheese will be sampling are:
· Cello – the company’s flagship domestic brand featuring an array of traditional Italian cheeses, including world-renowned Copper Kettle
· Yellow Door Creamery – Schuman’s own specialty brand that spans hand-rubbed fontinas and cheeses inspired by the Alps
· Zanetti – internationally acclaimed Italian cheese from Schuman’s oldest import partner (the relationship dates back to the 1940s)
· El Pastor – a selection of unique and flavorful Spanish cheeses
· Dodoni – the world’s leading producer of authentic Greek feta
View this post on Instagram
THIS SUNDAY!!!! ☀️ ? ? 5/19 The Montclair History Center Presents ?The Cheese Fest! ? 2pm to 5pm at 108 Orange Rd. Come & Celebrate Join us for an afternoon where it’s all about cheese! Taste it. Pair it. Crack it. ? ? Meet the animals that give it to us. ? ? Discover how it’s made the old-fashioned way. Live music with Watchung Riders @watchungmountainriders ?, games ? and all you can eat cheese! ??????Sponsored By Schuman Cheese- you don’t want to miss this family fun event, all you can eat cheese! $15 per ticket online by Sat 12pm or $20 at the door; Click the link in our bio to get tickets!!! ?
When: 2-5 p.m., Sunday, May 19
Where: Montclair History Center’s Crane House and Historic YWCA, 110 Orange Road, Montclair
Tickets: Each $20 admission includes a beverage ticket and all the cheese you can eat. Advance tickets can be purchased online at www.montclairhistory.org for $15 each. Attendees under 21 and designated drivers are eligible for special $5 tickets. Additional drink tickets are available for purchase.