Jazz@Nishuane Park – the grand finale of the two-week long Montclair Jazz Festival – is tomorrow (Saturday, August 10) and the weather looks perfect for a full day of incredible live music performances, a beer and wine (Pinot Project!) garden, plenty of fun activities for kids at the Family Jazz Discovery Zone, plus food and shopping galore!
Melissa Walker, founder of Jazz House Kids and the president of the Montclair Jazz Festival, said that when the festival started 10 years ago, musicians performed on the grass to an audience of 300, and there was an electric piano. The festival has steadily gown bigger and better each year, with multiple stages, and more than 12,000 fans for 2019.
Check out this amazing line-up of jazz music on deck for tomorrow — everything from talented young emerging Jazz House Kids musicians to veterans like Bettye LaVette, Eddie Palmieri and of course, Montclair Jazz Festival artistic director Christian McBride.
NISHUANE PARK is located on High Street in Montclair.
Parking on the streets near the festival can be tough. Take the shuttle from one of 5 authorized parking lots:
- HILLSIDE SCHOOL, 54 Orange Rd., and HILLSIDE SQUARE, 8 Hillside Ave., Montclair
- LACKAWANNA PLAZA, Grove St. and Glen Ridge Ave., Montclair
- ST. PAUL BAPTIST CHURCH, 105 Elm St., Montclair
- OUR LADY OF LOURDES, 1 Eagle Rock Ave., West Orange
All lots have handicapped parking; shuttles are handicap-accessible.
- Montclair Jazz Festival, together with Diamond Cycle, are happy to offer a FREE bike valet, where you can safely store your two wheels while you enjoy the day.
PLENTY TO DO, BUY, EAT AND DRINK
In addition to offering an incredible line-up of musicians on two separate stages, you can shop, play, eat, and drink the day away at the Montclair Jazz Festival!
- Check out the Food Court and Artisan Marketplace’s 20 food vendors and trucks — offering everything from pizza and pulled pork BBQ to Japanese rice balls and Jamaican jerk chicken — and 20 artisans selling jewelry and clothing, beauty products, prints for your wall, and more.
- Stop by the booth featuring work by the MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL artist-in-residence Andres Chaparro, who created the gorgeous art on posters, t-shirts, and banners around town. Pick up festival swag, on sale at the MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL MERCH TENT.
- Head to the BEER AND WINE GARDEN in the center of the fest grounds for brews from Founders Brewing Company and red, white, and rosé from The Pinot Project.
- Little and big kids alike—and their parents—will dig the FAMILY JAZZ DISCOVERY ZONE tent, filled with music, activities, and story time featuring special guests! Montclair Jazz Festival, along with partners — Montclair Art Museum, Montclair Public Library and the YMCA of Montclair, are offering a full day of activities and fun ways to introduce little ones to the joy of jazz!