Montclair Fire Department received a call Friday (August 9) at 3:51pm from a resident on Warren Place reporting that one of their bedrooms was on fire.
Montclair Fire units arrived and located the fire in a second-floor bedroom. The residents self-evacuated prior to Fire Department arrival. There was fire damage to the 2nd floor bedroom, water damage to the 1st floor, and damage to the chimney as well.
Units from Bloomfield, East Orange, and West Orange covered the township for the duration of the incident. The fire was caused by a lightning strike. There were no reported civilian or Fire Department injuries. The last units cleared the scene at 5:30pm, says Deputy Chief Robert Duncan, Montclair Fire Department.