Afternoon tea is an elegant, civilized ritual that allows you to pause in your day and slow down. Sipping tea, eating delectable, savory bites and of course, ending with an assortment of decadent miniature desserts, all make for a lovely tea experience. Now you can get that at Vanillamore, now featuring a unique menu that’s the perfect girlfriend get-together, mother-daughter moment or even a treat to enjoy all on your own one afternoon.
Chef and owner Risa Magid Boyer launched her afternoon High Tea service, Tuesdays through Sundays (2pm -5pm) and the menu features a fun twist on the traditional tea (my daughter and I loved the creme puffs and pouring caramel on our s’mores!). Tea pairings for each course make it easy to sample different teas and discover new favorites. High Tea is a natural for Vanillamore, where the restaurant’s theme is Sweet. Savory. Social.
The High Tea menu at Vanillamore will change seasonally, but the current menu includes:
- Curried Chicken Salad Crostini
- Beet Cured Salmon, Pickled Cucumber, Tomato & Paprika Cream Cheese Finger Sandwich
- Lemon Bars with Lavender Swiss Meringue and Lemon Zest
- Vanilla Bean Pastry Cream filled Puff with Strawberry Craquelin
- Spicy Chocolate & Hazelnut Tartlets with Sea Salt
Vanillamore’s High Tea is $35 per person and includes two tea selections.
Vanillamore, 349 Bloomfield Ave., Montclair, 973-707-5373