Social Distancing is isolating and anxiety producing. As the days become weeks, it’s important to carve out time to take care of your body and mind. With gyms closed to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, you can still get an endorphin-producing workout at home. Of course, daily walks alone or with your household members are still okay.
In addition, there are some great resource for meditation, online therapy, and apps to help connect and calm.
- Dfit Montclair will live stream workouts on its Instagram page
- Architect Studios in Montclair is offering live virtual training through Zoom
- The MAX Challenge of Montclair is offering Virtual Workouts
- YMCA Montclair will offer Virtual classes on its Youtube channel
- Guerrilla Fitness CrossFit Montclair is posting daily workouts you can do without equipment
- Corefire will offer digital workouts on its Instagram page
- Local yoga studios are offering online live streaming yoga & meditation classes: Yoga Mechanics, QWELL Meditation & Wellness Studio, and Zura Montclair are a few choices.
- Yoga With Adriene is a great free yoga channel on YouTube channel
- The Bar Method Montclair will offer live Instagram workouts
- Fitness Blender offers over 500 online workouts for free
- The New York Times’ Scientific 7-Minute Workout is a quick, effective, and free workout
- Peloton is offering a free 90 trial, and many of their exercises do not require equipment. Yoga and meditation classes included.
- Kika Stretch is offering a Virtual Stretch Class live on Tuesdays and Fridays at 2 pm.
Mindfulness & Mental Health
- HearMe is an app created by a Montclair resident that allows you to anonymously connect with an empathetic HearMe Listener in under a minute, 24 hours a day – for free. It’s not therapy, but just a way to connect to an empathetic listener.
- The UCLA Mindful app features about a dozen free meditations of different types in English and Spanish in sessions ranging from 3 to 19 minutes long.
- Calm offers a “7 Days of Calm” guided course featuring 7 sessions of 10 minutes each for free. After that, there are a variety of subscription offers and prices.
- Talkspace offers online therapy with the confidential support of a licensed therapist through an HIPAA-compliant app. You get matched with a licensed therapist in your area to receive support via secure messaging and live video sessions.
Know of any other fitness and mental health resources to enjoy at home? Please share in comments!