The Coronavirus pandemic has changed our way of life. To prevent its spread, social distancing is essential. But that doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Check out the resources we shared last week here and see the latest happening online to enjoy from the comfort and safety of your home:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- This Friday, March 20 at 8 pm, watch the Jazz House Listening Party with Christian McBride. He’ll be playing live from his home and jam space and pay tribute to McCoy Tyner, play some tunes, and take questions from all of you.
- Nefesh Mountain, a local band that blends American Appalachian traditions with Jewish culture, will perform a Facebook Live concert on Saturday, March 21 at 8:00 pm.
- On Saturday night, March 21, from 7-9pm, Ruthie’s BBQ and Pizza will host the Max Kaplan Band featuring Jad Tariq via Facebook Live Stream!
- The Montclair Orchestra will release free video content from their concert archives from the last three years on their social media feeds (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) every Wednesday at 2pm until May 1, 2020.
- Follow #TogetheratHome on Instagram for upcoming virtual concerts by your favorite musicians. The concert series campaign was created by Coldplay’s frontman Chris Martin.
- Live From Here host Chris Thile created a new digital series called #LiveFromHome, featuring self-recorded performances of musicians around the globe.
- Broadway World has created “Living Room Concerts,” a series of daily performances direct to you from the living rooms of Broadway performers!
- Broadway star Katharine McPhee and her songwriter husband David Foster will perform a “Kat & Dave” show at 5:30 pm PT every day.
TV & Film
- Stephen Colbert is filming The Late Show from his home in Montclair.
- Netflix Party allows groups of friends to get together virtually and watch their favorite Netflix titles on their computers at the same time. There’s even a chat room, so you can share your reactions to the programs as you watch.
- Local bakeries — The Little Daisy Bake Shop and Montclair Bread Company’s owner Rachel Wyman — have been sharing recipes on their social media accounts. Make your favorite local treats at home!
- Montclair resident Bernadette Baum has created a Facebook Group called Pandemic Pantry. If you’re stuck for meal ideas, just send her a photo of your pantry items and she’ll help create a recipe for you.
Know of any other entertainment to enjoy at home? Please share in comments!