Montclair, NJ- Montclair History Center announced plans for a socially-distant, safe version of its Annual Herb and Heirloom Vegetable Sale.
Here’s how it will work:
- Sale moves to Thursday, May 7 through Sunday, May 10.
- Preorders rule! To buy plants, you must fill out a preorder form by April 22 for the best chance of having your order completed as requested. Montclair History Center’s regular “shop” will not be open and no in-person shopping will be allowed. Download your preorder form here www.montclairhistory.org.
- Any remaining stock after pre-orders are filled will be posted Thursday, May 7, to the Montclair History Center website. At that point, you can e-mail us an order at email@example.com or call 973-744-1796. Please keep in mind, Montclair History Center can’t guarantee filling your order once the sale begins because they are ordering considerably fewer plants.
- Customers will pick up and pay for their preorders either curbside, on the front porch of the Clark House, or in the parking lot. More instructions to maintain social distancing at pick up will be shared closer to the date. You can also have your order delivered to your home if you live within a 5 mile radius for a $5 delivery charge.
- Use Venmo or a credit card to pay for your order. Once your order is filled, you will receive a phone call or text with the amount you owe. Alternatively, if you write your credit card on your order form, we will process it before you come to pick it up. Nothing will be processed until the preorders are filled.
- All staff will be using face masks and gloves and maintaining social distance throughout delivery, filling orders, and distribution.
Montclair History Center will closely monitor, and if for any reason, determines it is safe to cancel, they will let you know. Preorders are due by April 22. Any orders received after that will be filled only if plants are available. Sale Hours: Thursday-Sunday, 9am-3pm (Sunday hours are subject to herb and veggie availability). 110 Orange Road, Montclair.