This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Heading into another week of social distancing to help prevent the spread of Covid-19, because staying home is the only way we are going to flatten the curve. That doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest happening online to enjoy from the comfort and safety of your home:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- Tonight, April 22 at 7 pm, it’s all about Jersey! Bruce Springsteen, Whoopi Goldberg, Jon Bon Jovi, Jon Stewart, Chris Rock, and many more Jersey natives will gather separately for a “Jersey 4 Jersey” concert benefitting the New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund.
- Enjoy Room Service Music Festival from April 24 – 26, featuring music by some of the top names in the dance music scene.
- Don’t miss Hang @Home JAZZ HOUSE KiDS’ Friday Night Listening Party with our local award-winning musicians.
- In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day, Jack Johnson will host the Kōkua Festival 2020 – Live From Home on Saturday, April 25 – a livestream version of his long running Hawaiʻi based Kōkua Festival.
- Under One Roof, a livestream benefit concert for North Carolina artists from April 24 – 26, will feature North Carolina musicians spanning multiple genres and generations, including Anthony Hamilton, 9th Wonder, Ben Folds, The Hamiltones NC, Petey Pablo, and many more.
- The Grammy Museum is releasing its digital public program with Ben Platt here.
Film & TV
- Lionsgate Live presents Dirty Dancing on Saturday, April 24.
- Each Sunday, The Montclair Film Discover Together program, shares a weekly schedule and encourages everyone to watch along at home on your own time, on the device of your choice (each film is available on one of the popular streaming services), and share your thoughts online by tagging them @MontclairFilm
Social Distance Events
- Open up a beer and join other locals for Friday Chill Virtual Happy Hour at Montclair Brewery.
Know of any other entertainment to enjoy at home? Please share in comments!