This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
We’re heading into week 5 of social distancing to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. Staying home is the only way we are going to flatten the curve, but that doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Live Stream Music & Theater
- At Home With Farm Aid will stream live on Saturday night, hosted by Willie Nelson and his sons Lukas and Micah Nelson with live performances by Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews in a virtual show of support and solidarity for family farmers and ranchers.
- Don’t miss Hang out at Home JAZZ HOUSE KiDS’ Friday Night Listening Party with our local award-winning musicians.
- Andrea Bocelli will perform Music For Hope – Live From Duomo di Milano on Sunday at 1 pm
- Mary Chapin Carpenter is performing live “Songs From Home” concerts on her Facebook Page
- Melissa Etheridge is performing daily #ConcertsFromHome on her Facebook page
- SiriusXM will allow free access to its more than 300+ channels of news, music and information to anyone in North America though its SiriusXM app and here through May 15.
- Rufus Wainwright plays a different fan favorite from his home every day. Check out past videos and find out about the next set here.
- Rolling Stone’s “In My Room” series, broadcasts classic artists from home throughout the week.
- Jack White’s label, Third Man Public Access, hosts a different band or solo artist daily and tips you off to how to support them. Click here for the schedule.
Film & TV
- Each Sunday, The Montclair Film Discover Together program, shares a weekly schedule and encourages everyone to watch along at home on your own time, on the device of your choice (each film is available on one of the popular streaming services), and share your thoughts online by tagging them @MontclairFilm
- Montclair Art Museum introduced Virtual MAM this week, offering gallery tours, audio guides, artist spotlights, scavenger hunts, and more that you can joy at home.
Social Distance Events
- Open your favorite Montclair Brewery beer and join our local brewery for their first live Montclair Brewery Virtual Happy Hour on Zoom on Friday, April 10 from 6 pm – 7:30 pm.
Know of any other entertainment to enjoy at home? Please share in comments!