This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Heading into another week of social distancing to help prevent the spread of Covid-19, because staying home is the only way we are going to flatten the curve. That doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest happening online to enjoy from the comfort and safety of your home:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- This week in the Online at the Outpost Virtual Series, Dawn Landes performs on Thursday, May 28 at 7 pm.
- NPR Live Sessions will feature singer Maggie Rose on Thursday, May 28 at 9 pm.
- The Dropkick Murphys will perform from an empty Fenway Park with Bruce Springsteen joining them remotely on Friday, May 29 at 6 pm. The band and The Boss will be doing a double play — two songs — one from each musical act.
- On Friday night, May 29 at 8 pm, join the Jazz House Kids Hang at Home Friday Night Listening Party with our local award-winning musicians.
- NPR Live Sessions will feature Rufus Wainwright on Friday, May 29 at 1 pm.
- On Saturday, May 30 at 7 pm, David Guetta will do a livestream performance called United at Home in NYC benefiting the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City, Feeding America, the World Health Organization.
Film & TV
- Each week, The Montclair Film Discover Together program, shares a weekly schedule and encourages everyone to watch along at home on your own time, on the device of your choice (each film is available on one of the popular streaming services), and share your thoughts online by tagging them @MontclairFilm
Social Distance Events
- Cedar Bean’s Coffee Joint in Cedar Grove is hosting a A Very Virtual! Caffeinated Open Mic every Thursday night. Poets, troubadours and instrumentalists are welcome to sign up and plug in at home and they will broadcast your 10 minute set o their Facebook page for all to watch.
- Join MPL librarians Jill and Alex as they chat about what they’re reading, watching, and enjoying over on Instagram in the UnBook Club on Friday, May 29 at 4 pm.
Know of any other entertainment to enjoy at home? Please share in comments!