Montclair singer/songwriter Lily Vakili wanted to do something positive to celebrate Montclair’s graduating seniors.
Vakili, who is also mom to a Montclair High School senior and has lent her talents to Project Graduation fundraising events, knows firsthand how seniors are struggling with so much loss this year.
“As parents, we’ve watched our kids deal with missing friends, teachers, teams and coach…and the loss of the excitement of Prom and Graduation. What would have been a time of celebration, has been the opposite,” says Vakili.
Vakili decided to celebrate Montclair’s Class of 2020 by making them part of her upcoming music video. She and her band are working with AFK Visuals to make a music video for their next single – We Got Dreams – that features a video montage of photos of the Class of 2020.
The video for the song, a Springsteen-esque rock-n-roll anthem of resilience and hope, scheduled for release on Friday, June 12th, will be posted on YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and other social media.
If you are a senior (or a parent of a member of the Class of 2020), here’s more information about the project and how to submit a photo.
- This is a private, parent-led effort, independent of Montclair Schools and the Board of Education. Participation is not required.
- Seniors who choose to participate, may participate only with a parent’s or guardian’s permission.
No student names will be used in the video.
- Any graduating Senior that lives in Montclair can participate (not just MHS Seniors).
- There will be no payment or compensation for participating in the music video or for use of the video by the band.
- By sending their photo to the designated email address, the student/parent/guardian grants Lily Vakili and the Lily Vakili Band permission to include the photo in the music video for We Got Dreams, agrees that the music video may be used for band publicity and promotion, and distributed on all forms of social media.
- If you would like to participate, please send one, high-resolution, Senior yearbook or other photo to: Montclairdreams@gmail.com
- Deadline: Monday, May 11, 2020.