This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Heading into another week of social distancing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, because staying home is the only way we are going to flatten the curve. That doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest social distance events to enjoy from the comfort and safety of your home:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- NJPAC presents virtual Sounds of the City with DJ Lobo spinning all your favorites on Thursday, July 23 at 7 pm.
- Stone Temple Pilots perform their iconic debut album Core in its entirety for a livestreamed show on July 31 at 8 pm – tickets are $9.99.
- On Friday night, July 31 at 8 pm, enjoy Jazz House KiDS Friday Night Listening Party: Organ Panel.
- On Sunday, August 2 at 3 pm, enjoy a Howard Jones solo piano concert live from Siyan Sound Stage High Wycombe.
Film & TV
- Each week, The Montclair Film Discover Together program, shares a weekly schedule and encourages everyone to watch along at home on your own time, on the device of your choice (each film is available on one of the popular streaming services), and share your thoughts online by tagging them @MontclairFilm
- The NJ Jewish Film Festival is streaming online via Zoom with a screening of Douze Point on July 31 and August 1.
Art, Literature, & History
- Watchung Booksellers presents local author Marcy Dermansky in conversation with author Maria Semple this Thursday, July 30 at 8 pm.
- Join Montclair Art Museum’s new online artist series MAM Conversations on Thursday, July 30 at 6 pm. MAM will talk with artist Via Muniz and visit him in his studio. Blurring the lines of “fine” art, Muniz is known for his recreations of classic artworks works using everyday materials from chocolate and sugar to junk and toys, which he then photographs.
- Thomas Edison National Historical Park is one of 12 live tours on America’s Summer Roadtrip on Saturday, August 1 at 3 pm. You’ll get to see Edison’s laboratory, library, and other buildings, plus go behind the scenes for a peek at the 2nd largest artifact collections in the National Parks system.
- On Saturday, July 30 at 12 pm, join Newark Museum for Lunch and Learn: An Artful Conversation with Kern Samuel.
Social Distance Events
- Bloomfield Center invites you for Al Fresco Dining and musical entertainment on Friday nights from 6 pm – 10 pm.
Know of any other socially distanced events happening this weekend? Please share in comments!