This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Heading into another week of social distancing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, because staying home is the only way we are going to flatten the curve. That doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest social distance events to enjoy from the comfort and safety of your home:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- NJPAC presents virtual Sounds of the City with Felix Hernandez spinning all your favorites on Thursday, August 6 at 7 pm.
- Enjoy live, socially distanced music with Summer Make Music Montclair’s set by Forget the Whale in Crane Park from 5 pm – 6 pm on Saturday, August 8.
- On Saturday, August 8 at 6:30 pm, the Lily Vakili Band will perform an outdoor concert at a private Montclair location. Tickets limited to 40 per show. Suggested donation $10.
Film & TV
- The NJ Jewish Film Festival is streaming online via Zoom with a screening of The Euphoria of Being on August 6–8 and Crescendo on August 7–9.
- Each week, The Montclair Film Discover Together program, shares a weekly schedule and encourages everyone to watch along at home on your own time, on the device of your choice (each film is available on one of the popular streaming services), and share your thoughts online by tagging them @MontclairFilm
Art, Literature, & History
- Join Montclair Art Museum’s new online artist series MAM Conversations on Thursday, August 6 at 6 pm for a discussion with innovative photographer Duane Michals and Studio Manager Josiah Cuneo as moderator.
Social Distance Events
- Join Montclair History Center for a Mad Men History Happy Hour on Friday, August 7 at 5 pm. They’ll show you how to mix whiskey sours and Rob Roys, plus the non-alcoholic drink known as the Arnold Palmers. As you enjoy your drinks, they will share some interesting history about them and the period. Recipes and an ingredient list will be provided to participants ahead of time so that everyone can join in at home!
- Bloomfield Center invites you for Al Fresco Dining and musical entertainment on Friday nights from 6 pm – 10 pm.
Know of any other socially distanced events happening this weekend? Please share in comments!