This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Heading into another week of social distancing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, because staying home is the only way we are going to flatten the curve. That doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest social distance events to enjoy from the comfort and safety of your home:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- On Thursday, September 10 at 7:30 pm, Morris Museum will present the Lot of Strings Music Festival featuring Tesla Quartet.
Join Montclair Jazz Festival for live music on intersection of Park and Church Streets as part of Montclair BID’s Pop Goes the Plaza this Saturday, September 12 from 3–10pm.
- Hamilton Leithauser will be celebrating his Live! at Cafe Carlyle album with a livestream performance from Levon Helm Studios in Woodstock, NY on Saturday, September 12 at 8 p.m.
- Enjoy a virtual performance of Justin Willman’s “Magic for Humans” at NJPAC on Saturday, September 12 at 7 pm.
- The Machine, a Pink Floyd tribute band, will perform at the BergenPAC Sunset Drive-in Concert Series on Saturday, September 12 at 6 pm.
- Dance on the Lawn goes Virtual with four different videos and engaging panel discussions, this Sunday, September 13 from 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm.
Film & TV
- Each week, The Montclair Film Discover Together program, shares a weekly schedule and encourages everyone to watch along at home on your own time, on the device of your choice (each film is available on one of the popular streaming services), and share your thoughts online by tagging them @MontclairFilm
Art, Literature, & History
- Watchung Booksellers presents Arielle Eckstut and Joann Eckstut, authors of The Secret Language of Color, as they discuss their new book, What is Color?: 50 Questions and Answers About the Science of Color with Petia Morozov, founder of Montclair Design Week this Thursday, September 10 at 7:30 pm.
- The fourth Succeed2gether’s Montclair Literary Festival will take place online on Saturday September 12 and Sunday September 13.
- Montclair Public Library presents Open Book/Open Mind: Christina Baker Kline
The Exiles in conversation with J. Courtney Sullivan on Sunday, September 13 at 4 pm.
Social Distance Events
- Head to the Uptown Montclair Sidewalk Sale this Saturday, September 12 from 9 am – 5 pm.
- The S.O.F.I.A. 10th Annual Walk Against Domestic Violence with Awareness will take place on Saturday, September 12 from 9 am – 1 pm. The walk will be physically distanced and all participants must wear mask.