This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Heading into another week of social distancing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, because staying home is the only way we are going to flatten the curve. That doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest social distance events to enjoy:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- Check out NJPAC’s virtual open mic tonight at 7 pm. Every week, they spotlight up-and-coming talent from all over New Jersey via Facebook Live.
- Join the NJSO Chamber Players on Friday, November 6 at 7 pm for a virtual musical journey inspired by Bollywood, the Indian Hindi-language film industry. Explore historical influences on the growth of Bollywood and hear insights into signature music and lyrics of the genre. Listen for themes from the Oscar-winning movie Slumdog Millionaire!
- Lili Vakili Band will perform an outdoor concert on Saturday, November 7 at 4:30 pm.
- Check out Montclair Film’s Virtual Cinema’s lineup this weekend. It’s the best way to watch the latest movies from home while supporting our non-profit organization.
Art & Literature
- Join Montclair Art Museum’s online artist series MAM Conversations on Thursday, November 5 at 6 pm for a conversation with renowned artist Kay WalkingStick. Through the lens of her own Native identity, WalkingStick combines Modernist abstraction and landscape painting to explore feminism, connection to the land, and her own personal history.
- Join Darryl Dwayne & cocktail influencer/mixologist Danielle Pearman aka Dannie from “Drinks With Dannie”for #HappyHourNMOA with Newark Museum, a relaxing journey into art, culture & spirits on Friday, November 6 at 6 pm.
Social Distance Events
- Enjoy local talent at MFEE’s ShowUP Montclair on Saturday, November 7 art 8 pm and help raise money for our public schools.
- The Woman’s Club of Upper Montclair will host its annual Holiday Boutique featuring holiday items, unique gifts, homemade crafts, and much more on Saturday, November 7, 10 am to 4 pm and Sunday, November 8, 11 am to 3 pm.
Enjoy floral arranging, crafts, and microbrews on Sunday, November 8 at 12 pm.Local florist Anna Coy will lead you through arranging a seasonal flower bouquet and sip on curated beer flights from Montclair Brewery.