This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
A social distance weekend doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest social distance events to enjoy this weekend:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- Jeff Daniels will perform from his new album, Alive and Well Enough on Saturday, January 23 at 8 pm presented by NJPAC for an intimate, entertaining, and unforgettable evening. Music lovers and movie fans alike love his songs and playing and musicianship, and those stories that only he can tell.
- Eaglemania will perform at Mayo PAC on Saturday, January 23 at 6 pm in-person and 8:30 pm for a livestream concert to enjoy at home. Enjoy Eagles greatest hits and some of the solo work of its members.
- Check out Montclair Film’s Virtual Cinema’s lineup this weekend. It’s the best way to watch the latest movies from home while supporting the non-profit organization.
- Join NJPAC on Saturday, January 23 at 9 pm for a nationwide virtual viewing of the 1981 Sam Raimi classic, Evil Dead with live commentary throughout by Bruce Campbell himself. Watch the film with Campbell as he shares memories, stories, and anecdotes from the film, and for a few lucky viewers, Bruce will even answer questions from the chat.
- Get some comic relief on Friday, January 22 at 6 pm and 8:30 pm with Manhattan Comedy Night, a popular stand-up series showcasing the rising stars of comedy, at Mayo PAC.
Art & Literature
- Join Newark Museum today at noon to explore the work of one of the most significant artists of the 20th century, with Ariel Plotek, Curator of Fine Art at the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Explore the Van Vleck grounds with Garden Manager, Laura Roberts from the comfort of your home on Friday, January 21 at 21 pm and discover some reasons to come outside this winter.