This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
A social distance weekend doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest social distance events to enjoy this weekend:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- Peak Performances presents Grand Band, a six-piano musical ensemble composed of the finest contemporary-classical pianists, on Sunday, January 10 at 8 pm.
- The Jayhawks perform a special matinee show focused on the band’s favorite cover songs + Jayhawks classics on Sunday, January 10 at 4 pm.
- On Saturday, January 9, enjoy a live stream show paying tribute to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame recipients Fleetwood Mac & Stevie Nicks – GOLD DUST WOMAN is an 8-piece band that is endorsed by Stevie Nicks herself.
- Check out Montclair Film’s Virtual Cinema’s lineup this weekend. It’s the best way to watch the latest movies from home while supporting the non-profit organization.
Art & Literature
- Enjoy a cocktail and hangout with host Darryl Dwayne on Friday, January 8 at 6 pm as Newark Museum kicks off a brand new #HappyHourNMOA and toast to the new year.
- Watchung Booksellers will host internationally recognized strategic advisor and coach, Joan Garry, and CBS News Senior National Correspondent, Jim Axelrod, to discuss Garry’s book, “Joan Garry’s Guide to Nonprofit Leadership,” during a virtual event “Evening with the Authors” on Thursday, Jan. 7 at 7 p.m.
- Award-winning writer Ann Patchett will be talking about her latest longtime New York Times bestseller, The Dutch House, with fellow novelist Jeanine Cummins (“American Dirt”) in MPL’s Open Book / Open Mind series on Sunday, January 10 at 4 pm